A preparatory course covering Maths, Programming and Research Skills
3 Semesters of world-class education in Scotland
M.Sc Project (Industrially Engaged) giving real-world and global experience
Eligibility to apply for Graduate Route to work in the UK on completion of the programme
The University is a five-star QS-rated university. Founded in 1796, the University of Strathclyde is particularly renowned for engineering. The Electronic & Electrical Engineering department that offers this M.Sc programme is ranked Number 1 in Scotland, and Number 5 in the UK by the Independent Complete University Guide 2021 and by The Times/Sunday Times Good University Guide 2021.
The University of Strathclyde is the only university in the UK to be awarded the prestigious "University of the Year" title twice by Times Higher Education.
Situated in the world’s friendliest city Glasgow (Voted by Rough Guide), the university offers a first-class working and learning environment for its students and staff.
- 200+ Years of academic excellence
- 100+ Countries - 23,000 students
- £1 Campus investment
- 8th Best city, Glasgow, in the world
The M.Sc in Machine Learning and Deep Learning course is designed to help you start comfortably in a familiar environment. You learn all the foundations in India.
You will then progress to the University of Strathclyde in Scotland to continue your studies. As you are thoroughly prepared in this subject area already, you are well placed to succeed.
By the time you complete the entire 180 credit Master’s degree, you gain expertise in AI architectures, algorithms and implementation of machine learning models with applications in a diverse range of areas.
Programme structure and subjects studied
Entrance Examination, Document Verification, followed by Admission into INSOFE and lateral admission into the M.Sc programme of the University of Strathclyde.
Students pursuing the final year in a three-year and four-year degree programmes are also eligible. Postgraduate Preparatory programme to be done with INSOFE.
Postgraduate Preparatory Programme: 200 Hours
To be done in India - Live, Online
- Differentiation, Integration, Differential Equations, Multiple Integrals
- Fourier and Laplace Transforms
- Linear Algebra
- Numerical Computation
Foundational Computing Skills
- Data Structure and Algorithms
- Python Programming
Data Analytics Foundations
- Foundations of Probability and Statistics
- Linear Regression
- Logistic Regression
After successfully completing your postgraduate preparatory programme at INSOFE, you will receive entry to the M.Sc in Machine Learning and Deep Learning at University of Strathclyde.
Semester 1 & 2: 120 Credits
- Autonomous Sensing, Reasoning & Deep Learning
- Digital Signal Processing Principles
- Big Data Technologies
- Machine Learning for Data Analytics
- Assignment & Professional Studies
Elective classes (students must choose 1)
- Image & Video Processing
- Embedded Systems Design
- Advanced Topics in Software Engineering
- Information Access & Mining
Semester 3: 60 Credits
M.Sc Project (Industrially engaged)
M.Sc Project (Industrially engaged) students will get the opportunity to complete the project through our competitive M.Sc industrial internships.
Students will address real-world engineering challenges the partners are facing, with site visits, access, and provision of relevant technical data and/or facilities provided.
- Python and R based ML model development and scaling
- Spark/Hadoop powered Big Data deployments
- Thorough foundations in statistics, probability, AI and machine learning and your choice of elective
- By making you an AI Specialist, the M.Sc programme of the University of Strathclyde will prepare you for the most in-demand jobs.
- Now, add to that the changed UK visa policies that provide working opportunities for eligible students.
You will be armed with a powerful degree, excellent curriculum, industrially engaged M.Sc project and eligibility to apply for the Graduate Route visa.
If you are serious about launching a successful engineering career, take the first step now.
“The best way to learn about INSOFE programs is to attend the Live & Free information sessions. Our senior-most advisors and faculty explain the programs in simple and clear terms and answer your questions.
If you already know a program to study, you can call us or have us call you”
- A first or good second-class degree, or equivalent qualification, in electronic or electrical engineering, or computer science, from a recognised academic institution.
- Highly-qualified candidates from other relevant engineering or science-related disciplines may be considered.
- Students must qualify for INSOFE’s entrance examination - INEX.
With a real-time verification of the student data, INSOFE believes in rewarding students who demonstrate exceptional merit performance during the program. Hence it is important for the students to get recognized by employers and the social community exhibiting their technical understanding of various Data Science techniques/algorithms gained in the program.
INSOFE holds the right to validate the badge and allocate them to the deserved candidates at the end of each module within the INSOFE’s Smart Education Applications platform. And these badges are only awarded based on the performance of the students in the Conceptual Understanding Tests (CUTe).
Each student gets 6 opportunities to showcase their technical prowess mastered within the program and gain up to INR 60,000.What’s in the badge?
- Badge URL - badge name, badge criteria
- Issuer Verification - authorizations and accreditations
- Student Data - profiles, validation
- Evidence URL - student’s mastery in the modules, technical skills
- Rewards - out-of-class learning achievements
Application Fees : ₹ 3000
Fee for M.Sc in Machine Learning and Deep Learning - £20,900*. Fees are revised annually and may increase in subsequent years of study.
* Merit Scholarships available
INSOFE's global outreach program has been recognized by leading financial institutions, and we now also have a strategic partnership with WeMakeScholars, India’s leading platform for students with global career aspirations. WeMakeScholars is a Not-for-Profit organization supported by the IT Ministry, Govt of India, which simplifies your hunt for funding through your educational loan by reducing the redundancy of documentation and fastens the loan process at a minimal processing rate with discounts in processing fee. WeMakeScholars provides these services free of cost!
The loan approval decision is at the sole discretion of the respective financial institution and INSOFE has no role to play in it. Under no condition can INSOFE be ever held liable for any expenditure or loss incurred in the loan application process.
Students are expected to fulfill the visa requirements of the UK Embassy. INSOFE cannot be held responsible in any way for the outcome of the visa application of its students.