INSOFE’s Design Thinking in Data Science course is designed to introduce the field of data science to excited students and working professionals.
It is live, online, free and explores all crucial parts of data science (coding, mathematics and business) adequately.
Many students are scared of studying data science wrongly, assuming that all data scientists should be excellent mathematicians and programmers.
This course introduces the field very gently to all. Yes, we teach programming, we teach business aspects and we teach how data science becomes a foundation for many fields.
This course is an excellent introduction to three types of students and working professionals who want to become data scientists.
Those who love computer science and coding, learn, how extremely powerful applications are built.
Those who love business and consulting, learn, how data science can become a differentiator for any business going the digital path.
Those who love their core engineering, learn, how with data science knowledge they can build much better solutions.
With the introduction you get in this program, you can pursue data science such that it aligns with your field of interest.
- Classes are conducted live & online.
- There will be 20 classes in total and we repeat them circularly. So, after the 20th class, the first class starts.
- Typically, a student can start with any odd-numbered session.
Live Hours: 1 hour per week
Additional hours to be spent: 4 to 5 hours per week
Do I get a badge: Yes. There is an evaluation and a badge.
(2 sessions each per topic and a total of 8 sessions)
Session 1 and 2:
Building applications on images (a tool that helps doctors classify X-rays)
Session 3 and 4:
Building applications on text (a tool that helps support groups classify emails or librarians classify books)
Session 5 and 6:
Building applications on tabular data (a tool that helps retailers sell more)
Session 7 and 8:
Building applications on tabular data (a tool that helps retailers predict their business better)
(2 sessions each per topic and a total of 6 sessions)
Session 9, 10, 11 and 12:
Building Design Thinking in Data Science Applications: Design thinking skills: We will learn with several use cases what questions to ask before you start a Design Thinking in Data Science project. We learn bucketing the problems, understanding business impact and analyzing human aspects in productization.
Session 13 and 14:
Using data to win in business: What they miss and what you should not
DATA SCIENCE IN CORE FUNCTIONS TRACK
(A total of 6 sessions)
Session 15 and 16:
Visualizations for Functional Experts
Session 17, 18, 19 and 20:
Real world use cases from manufacturing, pharma, retail and financial services.
Dr. Dakshinamurthy V Kolluru
Founder, President & Chief Mentor at INSOFE
M.S. and Ph.D. in Material Science and Engineering from Carnegie Mellon University, USA
B.E. in Metallurgical Engineering from NIT Trichy, India
- Dr. Dakshinamurthy V Kolluru is a prominent educator, entrepreneur and researcher in the field of Data Science. Voted by Analytics India Magazine amongst the most prominent analytics educators, Dr. Murthy developed several programs for corporates and individuals.
- He currently serves as President, Professor at INSOFE and an Adjunct Professor at the School of Engineering, Case Western Reserve University.
- His current research area is “AI adoption in business”, where, along with several doctoral students, he is focusing on building frameworks and models for CXOs, mid-level managers and engineers.
- In addition, he was one of the primary inventors of Intuceo, a product used for extracting insights and what-if scenarios from high dimensional data (Patent awarded).
- He led several consulting engagements in data science across pharmaceutical, manufacturing and retail industries. He designed the CXO and translator workshops which were attended by more than 500 leaders across the globe till date.
Awarded the Binani Gold Medal for working under the guidance of Dr. A P J Abdul Kalam to indigenously develop Radome, a critical component for Agni Missile (ICBM).