- Ph.D. in IT from International Institute of Information Technology (IIIT) Bangalore
- Senior Management Program (SMP) from Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Ahmedabad
- M. Tech in IT from Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Roorkee
- Dr. Sunil Kumar Vuppala is working as Director – Data Science, Ericsson GAIA (Global AI Accelerator), Bangalore.
- Sunil is featured as one of the top 10 data scientists in India for 2019 and Received Top 40 data scientists under 40 in India (2019) award.
- Sunil has 15+ years of industrial and research experience in Machine learning, Deep learning, Analytics, Optimization, Automation and the Internet of Things.
- Sunil worked in Oracle, Infosys R&D, and Philips Research before joining Ericsson.
- Sunil is an inventor of 20 patents (6 granted and 14 pending applications) in the USA/Europe/India.
- He has published 30+ papers (2 best paper awards) in both international journals and conferences and delivered 100+ guest lectures.
- He is a senior member of ACM and IEEE, fellow of IETE and life member of CSI.
- Recipient of Infosys awards of excellence in the innovation category.
Areas of Expertise
- Machine learning, Deep learning, Analytics, Optimization, Internet of Things, Automation, Smart Grid, Healthcare informatics, Computer vision, Explainable AI and Trusted AI
Research & Professional Interests
- Research on Explainable AI, Trusted AI, Deep learning, Optimization, Internet of Things and Computer vision
- Board member (as AI strategist)
- Active keynote speaker in top AI forums
Lab/Research Group Affiliation