- Ph.D. - (Computer Vision) – Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, India
- M.Sc.(Engg.) -(Computer Vision) -- Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, India
- B.E - (Electronics & Communication) -- Thiagarajar College of Engineering, Madurai, TN, India
- Dr. Uma has worked in the areas of optimization, computer vision, medical image analysis and computational neuroscience.
- She has over 20 years of innovative product development in Mercedes-Benz Research, Infineon Technologies and Philips Healthcare and Research, holding several patents.
- Her current research interests are on assessing health and cognition from population data,
and low-energetic models in intervention
- Dr. Uma is a Professor at INSOFE.
Areas of Expertise
- Computer Vision, Signal and Image processing, Optimization, Machine Learning, Computational Neuroscience