Artificial Intelligence in Sustainable Development Goals
3 mins read | No Comments|
In this blog we are going to cover the following topics under AI in Sustainable development goals:
- What is Artificial Intelligence?
- What is Sustainable development?
- How has Artificial Intelligence helped in Sustainable Development Goals?
- Using AI innovation to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals
- AI Solutions for Achieving SDGS Goals
What is Artificial Intelligence?
- Artificial intelligence is the simulation of human intelligence processes by machines, especially computer systems.
- Artificial intelligence refers to systems or machines that mimic human intelligence to perform tasks and can iteratively improve themselves based on the information they collect
- Specific applications of AI include expert systems, natural language processing, and speech recognition and machine vision.
What is Sustainable development?
- Sustainable development is an organizing principle for meeting human development goals while also sustaining the ability of natural systems to provide the natural resources and ecosystem services on which the economy and society depend.
Transforming our world: the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development
- The 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development was adopted at the United Nations Summit in New York from 25 to 27 September 2015.
- The Agenda is a broad and universal policy agenda, with 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), with 169 associated targets which are integrated and indivisible
2030 Agenda: A plan of action for people, planet and prosperity
The Goals and targets will stimulate action over the next fifteen years in areas of critical importance for humanity and the planet:
How has Artificial Intelligence helped in Sustainable Development Goals?
Using AI innovation to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals
- The rapid improvements in digital technology nowadays are truly astonishing.
- Humans will be able to use massive amounts of data to harness AI innovation and achieve ground-breaking improvements in sectors like healthcare, agriculture, education, and transportation.
- Additionally, we are witnessing how AI-enhanced computing enables doctors to reduce medical errors, boost grower yields, customize student training, and identify researchers.
- Recently, there has been a lot of interest in the relationship between artificial intelligence and climate change.
- AI can be used, for instance, to manage environmental consequences and changes in a variety of economic contexts and settings.
- These are just a few examples of potential uses, which also include safer supply chains, environmental control and regulation, and weather forecasting. Renewable distributed electricity networks coupled with AI are another.
AI Solutions for Achieving SDGS Goals
- AI For Environment
- AI for Goods
- AI for Transforming Agriculture
- AI for Transforming Healthcare
- AI for Transforming Energy solutions
- Bringing AI technology solutions to life
Here’s what AI can do to help humanity reaching the UN’s 17 Sustainable Development Goals:
- No poverty
- Zero hunger
- Good health & well-being
- Quality education
- Gender equality
- Clean water & sanitation
- Affordable & clean energy
- Decent work & economic growth
- Industry, innovation & infrastructure
- Reduced inequalities
- Sustainable cities & communities
- Responsible consumption & production
- Climate action
- Life below water
- Life on land
- Peace, justice & strong institutions
To know more about the kind of research our faculty engage in, visit our website: Click Here