Industry Connect Live – Karthik Varanasi
Bringing the most overlooked skills to light, INSOFE Alumnus Karthik Varanasi discusses how important Project Management skills are to make one’s job easy in handling an end-to-end Data Science project.
Karthik comes from a Mechanical Engineering background, but through his passion for analytics and mathematics, he pursued a career in Data Science with a single-minded focus. He now carries 7.3 years of overall experience in Analytics having worked with IT giants like Sutherland Global, Capgemini and currently, HP.
In conversation with us, he goes into detail about the below points:
- Data Science Project Management workflow; PM from domain perspective
- How Data Science Project Management differs from Conventional IT Project Management
- Managing Client/Stakeholder expectations
- Resource Planning and Management
- Data Science PM Live Example
- Responsibilities of a DS Project Manager
- Time-Line Estimation for a Data Science project
- Agile vs Kanban vs Waterfall Methodologies
These would certainly work as guidelines for all the incoming Data Science Project managers.
He also shares his experience with what he did to constructively utilize the time gap to land a DS-specific job after the completion of the PGP program at INSOFE. He sincerely hopes that his experience and learnings could help shape any aspirant’s career.
To watch the full interview follow the link below: https://youtu.be/0OTStBuZhQQ